RubyWorld Conference 2014 Speaker Invite
RubyWorld Conference Executive Committee is inviting speakers from around the world for the RubyWorld Conference 2014! Application to give a presentation at the conference is open to the public.
The Program Review Committee of RubyWorld Conference 2014 will choose all presenters based on impartial consideration of all the applicants’ submitted qualifications.
How about you!? Do you have information to present to the world in relation to efforts on Ruby? You are cordially invited to apply! Please see below for Application details and guidelines.
General outline of RubyWorld Conference 2014
- Ruby Association
- Shimane Prefectural Government
- Matsue Municipal Government
- Shimane University
- Matsue College of Technology
- JETRO Matsue
- Shimane Industrial Promotion Foundation
- Shimane Information Technology Industry Association
- Open Source Software Society Shimane
- METI Chugoku Bureau of Economy, Trade and Industry
Those who are able to deliver a presentation with content in accordance with one of the following themes.The 5 themes for presenters
- Introducing the trend of cutting edge technology relating to Ruby
- Introducing examples of system development
- The introduction of Ruby examples from the user perspective
- Introducing efforts related to Ruby in public institutions
- The introduction of education and study dealing with Ruby
Description within one page (A4-size, 8x10) (format not designated) including:
- Presentation theme (any one of the 5) described above
- Title of presentation
- Name of the presenter with contact information
Description within three pages (A4-size, 8x10) (Format not designated)
- Attachment of documents allowed as needed
- Include a descriptive abstract of the presentation
All applications are to be submitted by e-mail to the following address E-mail address
A conformation E-mail will be sent within 3 days of application receipt. If conformation is not made, please contact us directly. Contact information can be found below.
If the applicant gave a similar presentation on the same subject they intend to present at RWC2014 they must also include a statement of where and when they gave the prior presentation.
All who apply will be notified regardless if chosen to present or not
- Contents of the presentations are to be posted on an official web site as well as published in a guide book to be created by the Executive Committee of RubyWorld Conference 2014 with the presenter’s agreement.
- Invite to the Welcome Party presented by the RubyWorld Conference Executive Committee.
Date: November 12th (Wed) 2014
More details will be provided after determining presenters
- Presenters are exempt from the registration fee to attend RWC2014.
RubyWorld Conference Executive Committee Office
Ichibata Electric Railway CO., LTD.
49 Nakabracho Matsue, Shimane 6900874
Secretary in charge: Miho Bulluck